Monday, March 05, 2007

Shellshock

And sometimes I would just think
and lay bare,
the moments that we've been through
like photographs,
on a wooden table
But every print,
would be alive,a film.

And sometimes I would think so hard
That the feeling of lost
would come over me,
a colossal wave
spanning the time and space,
Of every step we took
holding hands.

And i would,
At those times,
Look at that picture of you
Where you had your eyes closed
by complete accident
Yet looked,
So angelic.

I would kiss the lips,
Of that picture,
and feel
a diffrent memory of kisses
or lest create
a new one.

Like that time,
where you had mussels
and garlic,
and yet, your breath
smelt sweeter to me,
than the sun kissed straw
of a meadow bathed with
pristine mountain air.

And that was the kiss
that tingled
especially
for I was simply
allergic to shellfish.

It is at those times
when I need you most
Do my memories of you
seem to be
most gracious.

As every other thought
begins to clear away
I hear your voice
In concern
Damning
The blameless shellfish
Innocence.

No comments: