Monday, March 05, 2007

Ode To The Ancient Hero

The breeze blows,
Bringing with it
hints of blood and woe,
Death walks with purpose,
Picking through his spoil,
Sword and shield cannot defend
When his scythe touches the soil.

Amid the raging chaos,
Valkyries fly on high,
And thus they shall pick the warrior
That falls,
but shall not die.

My love affair
with the battlefield,
I am no cynic,
I crave no blood,
It is the glory that comes
With courage and honour,
When Life is smeared in the mud.

My search continues,
To another meadow,
Tis where I shall cut down my foes
I will not stop,
Not until my memory
Has become Future's widow.

What I question
Is my purpose?
To journey to true strength?
The shadows that I overcome,
Will they answer me in the end?

Thus the warrior lives his life,
In an enigmatic hovel,
His soul,his power,
his very being,
Only contained in a paperback novel

-Me

I always loved war. I mean, every boy does. Well, most. Until i began focusing on the postives, I always dreamt of the sweat, and scent and rage of warfare. Then I saw the cunning and the silent mind games that pervaded every battle.And I fell in love with it more. The Shogunate of japan have always inspired me,this is one result.

No comments: